Saturday, January 31, 2009

Purple Milk!

Almond milk + frozen wild blueberries + a banana popped in the freezer for a bit = Purple Milk smoothie!

Kids absolutely LOVE it! I usually make it in the morning, as it's a fun way to start the day (plus I'm not a morning person and don't feel like cooking as soon as I wake up).

As an added bonus, helping me haul the 'heavy' blender from under the cabinet, feeling the cold bag of blueberries and the vibration of the blender, the noisy whirring, and sucking the smoothie with a straw make this treat a rich sensory activity.

Quite yummy as well. XD

4 comments:

Laura said...

LOL I clicked thinking this was going to be an oddball nursing story.

That's an awesome idea. What kid doesn't like purple? Obviously the people who created Barney knew what they were doing...

Patty O. said...

That does sound good!

Stacey said...

Hey. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I want to make my own diapers because they're too expensive to buy. LOL. SO I figure I'll make the same ones to sell for a fraction of the price at retailers. I saw some of your Etsy items when I was perusing the site to see what other diaper stuff was over there. The cakes are super cute!

Anyway, thanks again! *off to read more of your blog* ;o)

I think I need to find some Almond Milk the next time I go shopping...this smoothie sounds good!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Hey I was lookin for a purple cow :)Sounds yummy, though I can garuntee in our house the blender is not a thrill.