Saturday, July 5, 2008

Funnel Cakes and Ferris Wheels!

Last Wednesday, we took the kids to the Buchanan Carnival. It's a really rinky-dinky, small-town affair, but the kids still enjoyed it. Abbie wanted to ride ALL the rides, but unfortunately the tickets were outrageous. ($1 per ticket, with rides costing 4-6 tickets each). They went on the big slide with Daddy (something this momma is afraid to do!), as well as the carousel. The plan was for me to then take them on the Ferris Wheel, as that's one of my favorites. But the attendant wouldn't let me due to being pregnant. So, Daddy got to go again. *pout* Since I missed out on all the rides, I treated myself to a funnel cake. And, of course, I shared with the kids. I wish I would have got a picture of their powdered sugar-covered faces, but my hands had suffered the same fate, and I didn't want to get the camera sticky. Here's a few shots that I did get that afternoon... Riding the Merry-Go-Round (look how serious Isaiah was!): On the Ferris Wheel: We forgot the stroller: Just a cute shot of Abbie:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didnt go on the ferris wheel. :( For fun you should have messed with the attendant and been like "I'm not pregnant! How dare you assume such a thing!" ;D And then laughed. At least thats what I would have done lol.

Meredith said...

I love the Buchanan fair. Went last year and it was awesome. The bull riding thing was the biggest draw it seemed, other than the fireman french fries!!! Glad you all had fun.