Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Parmesan Zucchini Crisps

I first made these last summer, and it's been a family-favorite ever since! It's a great way to get some green veggie goodness into the kids, as they both love them. (A little parmesan doesn't seem to bother Isaiah's dairy intolerance too much, so I let him have a bit as well).
Just slice up a zucchini, dip in a beaten egg then dredge through grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a greased dish at 400* until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.

For extra flavor, I'll usually mix in some italian seasoning in with the parmesan cheese.

Note: you'll most likely end up making a second batch, so be sure to have plenty of zucchini on hand. That way, you won't have to deal with the tears of a 3yo, as she cries over "no more keeni".

10 comments:

woolies said...

oh yum I want some keeni!
(just stumbled on your blog, hi and happy mothers day!)

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! i am going to try some.

DoubleM said...

I LOVE zucchini and I love parmesan! I think I am in heaven.

duckrazzle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are well...you haven't posted in a long while.

fiona said...

what a fab recipe .. will definitely be trying this!

glad to have found your blog :-)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing - I'll be cooking this tonight :-)
Christy

My Trendy Tykes said...

I am going to try this tomorrow!! I will let ya know how it turns out. MMMMMMMMM and YUMMMMMM

Beth Howard said...

Grated parmesan or shredded? :)

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Grated, although I bet sprinkling shredded on them would be yummy, too.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm so glad everyone likes this recipe. <3