Monday, August 6, 2007

*yawn*

I couldn't sleep last night, and finally dozed off around 2am. So, I was not a happy camper when Abbie woke up screaming at 3am. At first, I thought she was saying "daddy", which I didn't understand because daddy was right there. After an hour of me trying to translate Whinese, I finally caught on to what she was really saying: "glasses". Glasses? Are you kidding me? You want sunglasses at 4 in the morning? The sun is on the other side of the world. Far, far away from your little eyes. WHY do you need sunglasses?!? Once I acknowledge her request for sunglasses, the crying stops and a meek little voice says "peeese, glasses?". So, I stumble around the house, looking for the little purple pair of shades (I found them in the freezer of her play kitchen). As soon as I hand them to Abbie, she puts them on, rolls over and falls asleep in seconds. Umm, okay. And then Isaiah was up at 8am. I tried handing him the pair of glasses, but he wouldn't go back to sleep. Of course, not surprisingly. Mother Murphy's Law #252 clearly states that the later momma goes to to sleep, the earlier baby will awake.

6 comments:

Amber said...

LOL...too cute! Isn't it the truth about that law!

Angela said...

Our kids went to the same class to learn how to drive mom and dad crazy in the middle of the night!
We once a had a screaming stomachache kid. My huband drove her 1/3 way to the ER when she calmed down enough to ask for chocolate milk. She was just hungry but she couldn't be consoled for half hour, we thought she had an appendicitis. Oh the joys of parenthood.

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

oooh, that was my night last night too. though not about glasses. it was about BB nursing all night long. sigh.

btw, TAG! you're IT!
http://mamasmagic.blogspot.com/

Flo said...

I had a similar night recently. Who am I kidding? Every night is a sleepless one with kids who refuse to sleep until 11:30 and then nurse all night long.

You've been tagged. Read my blog to find out why:
http://Wrapsberry.blogspot.com

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

*ainbowmummy puts sunglasses on Egg and crosses fingers*

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

apparently I have lost my "r"....