Sunday, August 19, 2007

So, the hunt begins...

... to find out what foods are causing Isaiah's tummy to be in such turmoil this past month. Let's just say that instead of washing diapers every 3 days or so, I'm having to do a small load every day. (Hey, Mike Rowe... wanna see a dirty job? Well, motherhood is definitely not for the squeamish!). Anyways, since it's been going on almost four weeks, I have a feeling it's diet related. I was reading about allergies, and a classic symptom is "allergic shiners". I've noticed how Boo always has dark circles under his eyes, as well as they can be quite puffy at times. So, the plan is to eliminate all common allergens from his diet for awhile, and slowly add them back. Hopefully, we can figure out which one it is. Wish us luck... I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

4 comments:

Toni said...

What you are going through with Isaiah is a hard deal. Takes a lot of brain work and patience and stick-to-it-iveness. One daughter and one son of mine had these issues but I didn't know anything about what it was and now that they are older, they have figured out themselves what not to eat and just avoid those foods. Eggs, milk and a few other things upset their systems.

Karen said...

That's so hard. I hope you get to the source quickly. After a year I think we've (finally!) realized that our son can't have milk in any kind of quantity.

Meredith said...

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Allergic shiners? Interesting.

Hope you figure out Boo's issues!