Monday, July 2, 2007

My Magical Cup of Tea

First of all, I need to tell you about my mug. I bought it from Alewine Pottery down in Gaitlenburg, TN. It's handthrown and glazed. And I absolutely LOVE it. Isn't it gorgeous? Although it probably sounds crazy, but everything seems to taste better when I drink from it. In the story The Little Prince, the prince explains how the water taste sweeter because of all the hard work that went into finding the well and drawing up the water. I guess it's like that. At least that's what it reminds me of... simpler times and the beauty of handmade things. (Okay, I guess it DOES sound crazy.) Anyways, yesterday both kids fell asleep at the SAME time. (Which is nothing short of a miracle lately). So, instead of doing something constructive like cleaning the house, I decided to enjoy a cup of tea. I made some mint tea with raw wildflower honey... and it was perfect. Just the right amount of honey, the right temperature. It was SOOO good. I snuck outside and sat on the picnic table behind the house. The late afternoon sun was filtering through the trees, throwing sunbeams across me and my tea. A bunch of goldfinches were flittering around feeders. The smell of lavender blowing by on the breeze. I wouldn't have blinked an eye if a faerie fluttered by, because it was just that magical of a moment. And then both kids woke up and spent the evening alternating between crying and destroying the house. But, also like in The Little Prince, how the desert is beautiful because of the well it hides, life is beautiful because of the special moments like these it hides. Just gotta keep living for those. :-)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You're right, that is a beautiful mug! Ahh to have moments like that, I need more of those :)

C said...

That is a grogeous mug!

Both asleep at the same time? That is nothing short of a miracle. I think you chose a very wise yse of your time.

Aren't you loving these lavender and goldfinch days? I am, too! :)

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

You, my friend are not crazy. I had a blue mug that made me very happy, it broke, tea hsn't been the same since :0(