So, I had the idea of sewing a microfleece liner TO the prefold. That way it's all together- no searching for a separate part that's usually on the bottom of the laundry basket, or fumbling with getting it into just the right place with a wiggly baby.
The liner is microfleece, which wicks moisture away from the skin, making baby feel dry longer, as well as reduces irritation. It is backed with flannel, adding a little fun to diaper changes, as well as a tad extra absorbency. The liner is a contour shape for minimum bulk, but still covers the majority of baby's diaper area. It's sewn to the prefold along the back edge only, creating a flap. This insures you can use any kind of fold, and still have full coverage.
Some possible options include:
* Instead of microfleece, OBV could be used for luxurious softness (and an alternative for those who avoid synthetic fabrics)
* A soaker can be sewn inside the liner for additional absorbency- such as a layer or two of hemp, sherpa or microfiber.
* Prefolds can be further customized by adding embellishment to the outside and/or dyeing them.
With these diapers, you have all the built-in convenience and comfort of a fitted, but with the simplicity and affordability of a prefold!
* Do you think there is a market for something like this?
* How much more would you be willing to pay over just a plain prefold?
* I'm stumped on a name, so any ideas? (If I use yours, there may be something in it for you! ~grin~)
* Any other suggestions?