Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A few reasons why I *heart* Etsy...

I wanted most of the gifts opened on Christmas morning to be handmade, either by me or by someone else, and shopping on Etsy made it so easy! Having mostly handmade gifts under the tree made the already-enchanting holiday seem even more magical and special. (It also meant less battery-sucking, horribly annoying and noisy, possibly toxic, plastic ones!) Here are a few of our favorites...

* Fairy Silkies in Earthy Colours from BeneathTheRowanTree - These tiny playsilks are just awesome. Yesterday, while playing with blocks and the Silkies, Abbie made a whole camping scene, complete with tents and even a waterfall. Isaiah seems to love rubbing these against his face, and as well as using them to give his baby a bath.

* Baby Pixie waldorf doll from MerrydaleDolls - Even though the description says for a year and older, I think it makes the perfect first dolly for Oliver. It's SO soft and cuddly! I also bought Abbie and Isaiah each a smaller waldorf dolly, as I just couldn't resist. It was hard deciding, but ended up going with Violet and Nutkin.

* A mini felted wool chain from Babus - I only ordered a mini one as I wasn't sure how durable it would be, but I absolutely love it! It's very well-made, and I plan to buy the larger size very soon as Oliver loves chewing and tugging on it.

I have a few more special things to share, but they'll have to wait for another post. I also have a giveaway coming up, so look for that very soon!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

oo very cute etsy finds!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Etsy is so wonderful!! I pray that they do not make handmade toys illegal...I hope there is some way around it, because I, too, bought all of our Christmas off Etsy (except for my oldest son's Rock Tumbler)

I love the choices you made here, everything is so lovely. I also love Ollie's little tongue sticking out! :0) heehee...so sweet! :)