Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Homemade Poptarts

I came across a recipe for homemade Poptarts on this food blog. So, I decided to give it a try. Wow, they were SOOO good! And I'm not much of a Poptarts junkie to begin with. The kids gobbled them up. And (are you ready for this...) Hubby even liked them!

Instead of 50 butter/ 50 shortening, I used just shortening to make them Isaiah-friendly. (And as usual, I used Spectrum for it's non-hydrogenatedness). For the jam, I used Smuckers All-Fruit blueberry jam. (Blue sprinkles leftover from... I don't even remember. Maybe gingerbread men? LOL)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Those look tasty! I may have to make some tonight for my kids! What did you mean about making them Isaiah-friendly? I just started using Spectrum palm oil shortening for baking because of allergies in our house.