Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Shop of the Week!

Today's Sunday Shop of the Week is Deedaloos! Check out her swimsuits. I had no idea you could sew your own swimsuits, but that just shows what I know- as Deedaloos does, and does it very well! I love the scuba-style, and I only wish I had found this shop earlier in the summer. I'll definitely keep this in mind for next year, though! http://deedaloos.etsy.com Who are you? Sometimes I ponder that question myself so I'll keep it simple. My name is Kim and I live in Loudon NH. I am married with two children, Kristen is 3 and Matthew is 7. What is your Etsy Shop Name? Deedaloos, which most people mispronounce as i made up my own spelling. if you'd like to know where it came from, check out the about me section in my etsy shop! What EtsyKids items do you specialize in? I make these great scuba-style swimsuits and, knit fabric pj's and lots and lots of quality fun fleece hats which I won't list until Fall! I also make breastfeeding tops in tank, short & long sleeve styles! What do you like about Etsy? It's so laid back and the variety of products and people is overwhelmingly spectacular! What do you like about creating? I just love to look at the end product and know that I did it. I love it when I make something for my own and they truly like it and want to wear it! What do you love about your business? I love to create high quality products at a fair price and then pass them on to others. What is your favorite product right now? Right now, I would have to say it's the swimsuits since Summer is here and I love keeping my little one's skin protected for our beach trips! This year, I expect her to be a camo queen but even in camo, I know she's going to stand out amongst the other children. What makes you unique at Etsy? My variety of products and the name is certainly going to be one of a kind with a history to match! What makes you unique as a woman? I'm not really sure, you'd have to ask my friends and family that one. Oh, the stories they would probably tell . . . What do you love about Kids? I love their simplicity and innocence in the way they perceive and react to everything that goes on around them. The way they tell you that maybe we should "drive" to Concord when you say "let's run to Concord". What are some other sites to find out more about you and what you love to create? Right now, I'm more inclined to direct you away from the computer and to a book since we all spend waaaaaay too much time at our computers. Nancy Cornwell has several books out on working with fleece that include a large variety of projects and they are worth every penny. I mostly use the books as a reference tool at this point.

1 comment:

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

awesome!!! I love her! I am featuring her this week on *my* blog! She'll be bringing out her fleece stuff soon...just went camping with her and her family...check out the boat race(floatation device post) at the blog...http://happyhousequilts.blogspot.com to see the action!